Monday, March 5, 2012

Chicken Sausages With Peppers

BeFunky_DSCN0223-1_opt
I found this recipe in the December 2011/January 2012 issue of Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. I thought it sounded so good. I've seen apple chicken sausage links in the store but have never tried them.

Even though neither myself or my husband are big sausage lovers, I still thought this recipe was worth trying. I thought it was delicious, but I don't think my husband was as enthused as I was. When I asked him if he'd eat it again he said it was good, but would only like it maybe once a year. That meant that I'd be eating it for several meals. And I did!

It was super easy to make. Maybe if I do make it again (just for me), I'll only make half. That way I won't be  eating it for days.

Chicken Sausages With Peppers
(Taste of Home)

1 small onion, halved and sliced
1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pkg. (12 oz.) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-in. pieces.

In a large non-stick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sausages; heat through.

Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

Here's something I've been thinking about for quite awhile. When people write blogs about recipes, why don't they use their own photos? I've never quite been able to wrap my head around this. If you're going to blog about a recipe that you have "supposedly" made, why do you have to use a photo from the site where you got the recipe? I've seen this happen over and over. While my photos may not be as gorgeous as the site or blog where I am getting the recipe from, MY photos are the real deal! I don't need to fake blog content just so that I'm blogging everyday. Whenever I see this happen, I just assume they haven't even made the recipe.  This is just a pet peeve of mine and it drives me crazy!

This post is linked to these parties: Homemaker Monday, A Southern Fairytail, Mangia Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Made by you Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

Liberty said...

I've made this and served it over cheese grits - yummy!
BLessings
http://bit.ly/c35ixk

09 10