Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

Philly Cheesecake Sloppy Joes 

I've been a little absent in blog world. I didn't plan to be, but I messed up the coding on my blog. I was unaware of it until I received emails letting me know that my comment section wasn't working. 

Thankfully I found Deanna, a fantastic web designer who was very helpful.You can check out her site called Design Chicky here. She made some much needed changes and fixed my comment section. What I'm most excited about is the new Pinterest "Pin It" button she added after each post! All in all, I'm very happy with the changes AND I will never, ever mess with my html code ever again! I'll leave that to the experts.

I found this recipe over at Six Sisters' Stuff. The minute I saw it I knew I was going to make it. I love anything to do with a Philly Cheese sandwich. This one is much lower in calories too! I'm not a big fan of sloppy joes because I don't like the tangy taste. We thought these were delicious. This has now become one of my favorite recipes!

Here are the changes I made to their recipe:
  • lean ground beef
  • lower fat Provolone cheese
  • 80 calorie buns
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Six Sisters' Stuff

1 lb. ground beef/sirloin
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. steak sauce
1 c. beef stock
1 green pepper, chopped
1 pkg. sliced mushrooms
Provolone cheese, cut into slices or pre-sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste 
Buns/Rolls


Preheat broiler.

In large skillet over medium-high heat brown the ground beef/sirloin, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms and cook another 3-4 minutes, until they start to get tender. Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes. 

Place a scoopful of meat on the bottom bun, top with cheese and place under broiler. Once the cheese is melted they're ready.


This post is linked to this party: These Chicks Cooked


Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

09 10