Monday, July 11, 2011

Raspberry & Strawberry Smoothie

Raspberry & Strawberry Smoothie
This is what I had for breakfast and it was fantastic....
Raspberry & Strawberry Smoothie2
.....in all it's raspberry-strawberry-almond goodness! If you love the taste of almond, it really adds a wonderful flavor to this smoothie. If you don't like it, just omit it.

Raspberry & Strawberry Smoothie
serves 2

1/3 cup raspberries
1/2 cup strawberries, hulled
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk (I used Almond milk)
1 tsp almond extract (optional)
2-3 tbsp honey, to taste

Press the raspberries through a nylon stainer in a bowl using the back of a spoon. Discard the seeds in the strainer. (I skipped this step as I don't mind the seeds).

Put the raspberry puree, strawberries, yogurt, milk and almond extract, if using, into a blender and blend until smooth and combined.

Pour the smoothie into chilled glasses, stir in honey to taster, and serve.

This post is linked to:
Sweet As Sugar Cookies Sweets for A Saturday #25
Melt In Your Mouth Monday #21
Mouthwatering Mondays
Made By You Monday
Mingle Monday
Homemaker Monday
Mangia Mondays
Menu Mondays

Thanks for stopping by!

*Adapted from the book Delicious Smoothies, ISBN 978-1-4075-3308-7

5 comments:

Stacy @ Faith and Family said...

My children love smoothies, especially in the summer! So cool and refreshing. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Menu Mondays!

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse said...

Here from Melt in your Mouth monday.. this looks fantastic! I'll def. have to try it :)

Susie Bee on Maui said...

Haven't tried almond milk with my smoothies but sounds good! Oh, and I scrolled down and caught the Chinese cookies-wow!

Stacy @ Faith and Family said...

Thanks for linking up at Menu Mondays last week! I'd love to have you share some more of your recipes today: http://myfaithandfamily.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/menu-mondays-mini-cherry-cheesecakes/

Patty said...

@Stacy thank you, I'd love to!

09 10