Friday, December 24, 2010

Cinnamon Fudge

I made some food gifts this year. So that I don't make one post go on forever, I'll post each one separately. I found this recipe on the photostream of one of my contacts in Flickr.

Cinnamon Fudge

I used bittersweet chocolate and although this fudge tastes fantastic, I might try using semi-sweet next time. I'm a total chocoholic and nothing ever is too rich for me. I think I met my match with this fudge!

Cinnamon Fudge

1 - 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pound (2 cups) bittersweet (60 percent cocoa) chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
Kosher or flake salt, optional (I didn't use)

Line 8 by 8-inch pan with foil or parchment paper, allowing excess to hang over sides. Set aside.

In a medium glass or stainless steel bowl, combine condensed milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips and butter. Put the bowl on a saucepan of barely simmering water and mix until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, about 6 to 8 minutes (mixture will be thick). Using a spatula, scrape mixture into prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with salt, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.

Remove fudge to cutting board, peel off paper. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Store refrigerated in an airtight container or freeze.

If you get a chance, check out steamboatwillie33's photostream. She has some amazing stuff!

No comments:

09 10