Monday, August 9, 2010

Asian Chicken Salad

You could call me boring, but I absolutely love this salad! If I'm at home this is what I eat for lunch......everyday. If I'm not making anything major for dinner, I'll have it then too. My hubby always says it looks good. I've offered to make one for him too, but he always declines. He doesn't know what he's missing! I sometimes used to take this salad to work for lunch when I lived in Minnesota. As long as everything is cut up and ready to go, you can add your chicken and dressing when you get ready to eat. You can also used grilled chicken breast instead or chicken tenders, but in my opinion it just doesn't taste as good.

Asian Chicken Salad



This is what I use:

Baby Spinach and either Butter & Red Leaf, Italian Blend or Romaine. (I like to mix two together)
Green onions, sliced
Mandarin Oranges
Pea Pods, Water Chestnuts & Slivered Almonds (if I have them on hand)
Rice Noodles
Chicken Tenders (Microwave & chop)
All Season's Asian Sesame Dressing

I either buy already made chicken tenders from the deli or I buy a bag of frozen ones. If I get them from the deli, I usually buy three and just heat them up every day. If I bake the frozen ones, I'll make two or three just so they are ready to pop in the microwave.

I just layer everything in a bowl or on a plate and drizzle dressing over it. I'm not much of a "dressing" person, so I don't usually put too much on. I just like it to have a light taste of it.

If you try it, let me know how you like it! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10