Friday, August 6, 2010

Better Views + Iced Mocha

I'm still organizing my scrapbook room. It's such a tedious task. Since I'm not anywhere near done and can't create anything or participate in any challenges, I thought I'd share the views I have from our new place. They are head and shoulders above where we previously were.

100_2858


This is the view from my scrapbook room. It sure beats staring at a highway.

100_2857


This is the view from the front. Much better than looking at a dumpster.

100_2864


We love this three season porch and the picture below shows the peaceful view.

100_2862


I took the dog on a walk this afternoon and what a nice day it was for one! The humidity isn't as high as it has been so it was so much more comfortable. I found that Tobes doesn't like golf carts going by him. Twice he growled and tried to chase them. I know he had golf carts go by him when we lived in Minnesota, but I don't remember him having this reaction.

Here's a refreshing Iced Mocha recipe I received from the Paula Deen newsletter I subscribe to. It sure hit the spot after my walk.

Bobby’s Lighter Iced Double Chocolate Iced Mocha


Bobby’s Lighter Iced Double Chocolate Iced Mocha
by Bobby Deen



1/2 cup boiling water


1 (.55-ounce) packet fat-free hot cocoa mix (Swiss Miss Fat-Free Sensible Sweets)


4 teaspoons instant coffee


1/4 cup fat-free chocolate syrup


3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half


2 cups ice cubes



Whisk together the water, cocoa mix, and coffee in a small bowl until the cocoa and coffee are completely dissolved. Whisk in the chocolate syrup and half-and-half. Let the mocha mixture cool 5 minutes.


Place the ice cubes in a blender. Add the mocha mixture and blend until the mixture is smooth and the ice is finely crushed. Serve immediately.

Prep Time: 10 min


Cook Time: None
Difficulty: Easy


Yield: 4 servings



Per Serving: (3/4 cup) 69 Cal (2% from Fat, 8% from Protein, 90% from Carb); 1 g Protein; 0 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 0 g Mono Fat; 16 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 12 g Sugar; 13 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 74 mg Sodium; 1 mg Cholesterol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely location...I guess the move was a hidden blessing. So happy you're happy! I'll be trying one of these iced mochas soon, they were a favorite when I lived in Tucson.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Patty! I hope you have so much fun creating your new scrapbook crafty space! Beautiful views! Take your time creating the perfect, inspirational space for you. I sure hope you'll share pictures when your ready for scrapping again! :-)

Patty Albertson said...

@Misty it really is wonderful out here.

@Anne I can't wait to get scrapping again. I plan to do more of your monthly challenges too! I need to speed up the process of getting my craft room in order, just having a hard time figuring out where everything should go! Eventually it'll come together:) Thanks for stopping by!

09 10