Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cinnamon Goodness

It's no secret that I like to be in the kitchen making things. The only problem is that I can't always make everything I want because it will all go to waste. The hubby doesn't always like the same thing, so sometimes we have different things for meals.

This morning I woke up and really wanted to make a french toast bake. The kind that you are supposed to make the night before and refrigerate to bake in the morning. I have always wanted to make one, but know that I can't possibly eat it for a week. I also don't want to eat it for three meals a day.

Well, I decided to make a small one. Maybe enough for two servings.

Baked French Toast


Isn't it cute!

Baked French Toast2

It has a wonderful cinnamony taste. I love cinnamon!

Next time I'll combine it all and leave it set overnight to bake the next morning. Here's what I did:

I took 3 slices of low calorie wheat bread (1 Weight Watcher point each) and tore them into small pieces and put into a small casserole dish. Then I beat two eggs, added some cinnamon, vanilla, sugar substitute and Silk Almond milk. I poured that over the bread and refrigerated for about an hour. Bake at 400 for approximately 25 minutes. You could use eggs beaters or something equivalent to lower the calories even more.

Now I have leftovers for tomorrow. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great, Patty! This weather is making want to bake again!! anne

09 10