Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cherry Scones

All day I've been thinking about baking. I just couldn't get it out of my mind, but I had other things to do. I really wanted something sinfully rich, but settled for these Weight Watcher three point scones.

Cherry Scones4


I've been meaning to make them for some time and have had my ingredients on hand ready and waiting. Of course, my timing isn't always the best as I had just started making them when the hubby came in from work. Since I hadn't yet added the wet ingredients to the dry, I was able to set them aside so that we could take the dog out for a quick walk. I finished them when I returned and they are scrumptious. They're not real sweet, but the dried cherries give them a little boost.

Cherry Scones2


Now, in all reality, my mind is still thinking that I want something sinfully rich, dripping with chocolate goodness (and maybe a little peanut butter mixed in). I told the hubby that I'm feeling the need to bake some type of cupcake and that they will have to be sent to work with him. If not, I will want to eat all of them. That would not be good!



Cherry Scones

  • 1 spray cooking spray
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp table salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup thinly sliced dried cherries

Preheat oven to 400. Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar; mix well and set aside. In another bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined; fold in cherries.

Drop 12 equal two-inch mounds of batter on prepared cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake until tops just start to turn golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Yields 1 scone per serving. 3 WW points per serving. Serves 12.

No comments:

09 10