I haven't had time for crafting, but I do have to eat!
When I saw this recipe from Betty Crocker I knew I had to try it. It reminds me of an Oriental salad. I made a larger amount than the recipe and I also substituted some of the cabbage with broccoli slaw, using the preshredded bags. I cut up a rotisserie chicken and since both slaws had carrots in them, I skipped adding more. I couldn't find an Asian sesame ginger dressing so I used a light Asian toasted sesame dressing, which worked just as well. Pair this with fruit and bread and your have a perfect light meal. This salad was excellent!
Chicken Slaw Salad
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot (1 large)
- 1/4 cup sunflower nuts
- 1/2 cup low-fat Asian sesame-ginger dressing
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except noodles and dressing.
Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Garnish with noodles.