Saturday, December 12, 2009

Truckin' Toward Christmas

When I saw this stamp, I knew I had to have it! I don't own many rubber stamps at all and there are some very cool ones out there. I've really only been making cards for a little over a year and have only purchased clear stamps. When I bought this one, there was also another one of a bicycle that I wanted. My hubby told me to go ahead a get it, but I said no, I will next time. Hindsight being 20/20, now I wish I would of gone ahead and picked it up.

Years ago when I lived in Kentucky, my Uncle had an old Ford pickup truck and I just adored that old beat up thing. This stamp reminds of it.

Green Truck/Season's Greetings


I haven't used markers very much at all, so my coloring is probably something to be desired and something I need to brush up on. I mostly do more paper piecing and just stamping. These were my first attempts at using this stamp. On the green and blue truck I used black sparkle embossing powder and on the red one I just stamped it. I think I like the embossed outline best.

Red Truck/Season's Greetings


I see alot of possibilities for using this stamp, so maybe the cost of it will be worth it in the long run.

Blue Truck/Season's Greetings


For now, I'm going to play around with it and make a few more Christmas cards. Later I'm going to use it for some birthday cards. I think it's a fun one for male and female alike.


Supplies used: Dad's Truck Rubberstamp from Printworks, Hero Arts Stamps "Holiday Sayings" CL343, Marvy LePlume Markers in Light Green, Red & Manganese Blue, Black Sparkle Embossing Powder, Graphic 45 paper Typography from the Commuique Collection, Deck The Halls from the Christmas Past Collection and Christmas Day paper from the Merry & Bright Collection by We R Memory Keepers, Glitter Dots by Dress It Up, Ribbon, Machine Stitching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty!
Just stopping by. :)
Great cards. I really like how you paired the sentiment the truck. The tree just puts it over the top.
I can totally see why you had to have that truck stamp. Flippin' cute.

Anyway, thanks for the invite to stop by your blog. I'm glad I did!

Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

Diana said...

WOW, what a fun stamp and card! FABULOUS work! Thanks for sharing your inspiration. And...thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

09 10