Friday, December 18, 2009

Jar Gifts

I finished making some jar gifts this afternoon. Hopefully they will be ready to mail tomorrow! I still have about eight cards left to address and get mailed. I feel like I've been going in about 50 different directions that last few days. I'm almost done! This morning I was even able to get a few treats made. I still have to work on that this evening.

The red plaid jars are Cinnamon Spice Coffee Mix and the blue snowflake ones are Red Hot Tea Mix. Recipes are below.

Jar Gifts


Cinnamon Spice Coffee Mix

1-1/3 cups instant coffee granules
2-2/3 cups sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice

In a large bowl, combine the above ingredients and stir until the mixture is well blended. Place mix in a wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar. (I used wide-mouth pint jars).

Attach a gift tag with the directions on how to prepare the coffee:

To make one serving:
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Spice Coffee Mix
8 oz (1 cup) boiling water

Place the Cinnamon Spice Coffee Mix in a mug. Pour boiling water over the mixture. Stir until the mix is completely dissolved.

Red Hot Tea Mix

2 cups powdered orange flavored drink mix
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea
2 Tablespoons presweetened lemonade mix
1/2 cup red hot candies

In a large bowl, combine the above ingredients and stir until the mixture is well blended. Place mix in a wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar. (I used wide-mouth pint jars).

Attach a gift tag with the directions on how to prepare the tea:

To make one serving:
3 Tablespoons Red Hot Tea Mix
8 oz (1 cup) boiling water

Place the Red Hot Tea Mix in a mug. Pour boiling water over the mixture. Stir until the mix is completely dissolved.

No comments:

09 10