Friday, August 21, 2009

New Designs

Wow, was the wind ever cold today! It was a good thing I stayed indoors and made cards. When I did go out to walk the dog I was thinking that it seemed like a good day to make chili. Now it looks like it's improving outside and warmer weather is on the way.

I haven't had a chance to sit down and make anything for the last few days, so today I made up for it and created three cards. I've never used a sketch before and the first card below is one that I designed using a sketch from the Hero Arts blog. I think I like working from a sketch and will probably try using them for more cards and layouts.

How Thoughtful You Are

Supplies used for this card: Bo Bunny's Back To Basics "Alissa So Cute" cardstock, Hero Arts Stamps "Friends", May Arts Pom Pom Ribbon, buttons, Shari's Sketch #2.

Hi There!


I love this paper on the card above! The colors are so rich and worked perfectly with the Bazzill cardstock in the color chili. I'm not sure where I picked up this paper or the ribbon.


Supplies used for this card: Bazzill cardstock in Chili, Spring Fever cardstock from the Spring Fling Collection from Paperloft, ribbon (not sure of the manufacturer), small flower and brad, machine stitching.

The card below is one that I designed at Paper Studio. When I looked at the Graphic 45 Fashionista Tags, I thought this one would make a good everyday card. The women look like they are gossiping and the "Support The Girls" Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets seemed a perfect fit.

Chic Chatter, Hot Flash!


Supplies used for this card: "Support The Girls" Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets, Graphic 45 Buttons A La Mode and Fashionista Tags from the Fashionista Collection, May Arts Crochet Ivory and Gold Sheer ribbon and miscellaneous buttons.

1 comment:

Jennifer Davis said...

These are just beautiful Patty and I love your new blog look! =)

09 10