Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Breathe

Breathe


I'm back again with another card for three different card challenges!

I'm adding this card to the No Patterned Paper challenge for Dragonfly Dreams, the Anything Goes challenge for Dare 2B Artzy and I'm going to add a second card to The Flower Challenge

For my background I used four distress oxide inks. I used evergreen bough, hickory smoke, mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch. I added the ink to my Tim Holtz glass mat and spritzed water over the ink. I took my alcohol ink cardstock and kept swiping into the ink. I used my heat tool to dry in between layers and proceeded until I was happy with the background. 

After the background was dry, I used the Wacky Boxes stencil from Dare 2B Artzy randomly on the background with hickory smoke distress ink. I splattered evergreen bough and blueprint sketch inks over the background with a paint brush. Once I made sure the ink was dry, I went over the background with Distress Micro Glaze. Because I had used oxide inks on alcohol ink cardstock the background looked a little milky. Using the Distress Micro Glaze makes the color more vibrant. It also seals the background. 

The flower is from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Wildflowers dies. To color the flower I used distress ink in these colors: crushed olive, peeled paint, mustard seed, worn lipstick and barn door. 

The sentiment is from Picket Fence called It's Going To Be Okay. I stamped it using my MISTI with Ranger archival ink in black soot. Instead of using a white card base like I normally do, I used a base from Papertrey Ink called new leaf. 






Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Ericka Strange said...

Love your card and the beautiful background. Excellent choice on your die cut flower and colors. The really pop. Beautiful card and thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

Lisa J said...

Great background! Thanks for playing along with us at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

09 10