Sunday, March 24, 2019

Double Waterfall Folio

Double Waterfall Folio 

It's been awhile since I've posted!

That's because I broke my wrist February 8th. It was my right wrist and of course I'm right handed!

I was off work for 4 weeks, which in hindsight wasn't enough time. I should have been off at least another two weeks. I started taking the cast off last week and now am just wearing something around my wrist to keep it stable. I still wear the cast overnight. 

I still have some pain and I don't have full mobility yet. I still struggle with some every day things. 

I'm dying to start crafting again! Friday night I thought I would try to cut some chipboard to see if it bothered my wrist. Low and behold it didn't so I made this book! 

The moral of my story is....if you dog shits and it's icy out.....don't pick it up!

Now on to my book.....

This isn't my own design. I just want to get that out there right from the start.

This Folio design is by Frances Long from Your Book Of Memories. 

She is awesome! If you've ever wanted to make a book from scratch and haven't I encourage you to check out her site and see if she has something that you would love to create. I've made tons of books, some my own design and some I've followed tutorials. I've followed Frances for a long time and just recently bought some of her tutorials. She is an excellent teacher. If you've never made a book before she will guide you through the process. You can also find her on YouTube and watch her walk-through's of her books. She links you to her site if you're interested in the tutorial.

For this book I used the paper collection Fetch by Photo Play.

On the cover I used one of the cut-apart's from the collection. 

For my ribbon closure I used seam binding. I took faded jeans distress ink and dyed it. 

Double Waterfall Folio 

On the back cover I used two stickers from the sticker sheet. 

Double Waterfall Folio 

This Folio measures 6 - 9/16th inches wide by 9 - 1/2 inches tall.

Double Waterfall Folio 

The double waterfall will hold 26 photos. All photo mats are made for 4 x 6 photos.

I cut out the two dog photos above from one of the cardstock sheets and mounted them on black cardstock. On the first two photo mats on the waterfall I used cut-parts so those spots wouldn't be used for photos.

Double Waterfall Folio 

Double Waterfall Folio 

There are five tags that can be used for journaling. Both sides are white. 

Double Waterfall Folio 

I added two booklets that will each hold an additional four 4 x 6 photos. 

That brings the total of photos that this folio holds to 34!

Double Waterfall Folio 

After I took this photo I noticed that I have the bones on the photo on the left going in a different direction. I thought about fixing it, but the bones can go in either direction!

Double Waterfall Folio 

Double Waterfall Folio

That's it! 

I love making Folios! They are my favorite. I will be making more of these in all kinds of themes!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

09 10