Wednesday, November 7, 2018

The Paper Players PP417: Claire's Theme Challenge

The Paper Players PP417: Claire's Theme Challenge 

I'm linking this card to the Paper Players Theme Challenge below. 


This past Saturday evening I was working on cards at the crop I was at for the weekend. I was so happy when I finished this one. I was writing down all my products so that I could blog it when I got home and could get a decent photo. That's when I realized I had placed my image and sentiment in the wrong spot. Everything was pretty well adhered so I couldn't move anything. I set the card aside and then came across the Paper Players challenge. My card worked perfectly for this challenge!

The Paper Players PP417: Claire's Theme Challenge 

I used distress oxide ink in walnut stain for my project. This is actually the second print using the Tim Holtz woodgrain layering stencil. When I pulled the stencil off the first print I spritzed the stencil with water and then laid my mixed media cardstock on top of the stencil to get the ink off. 

The leaves are some from my stash that I made with distress oxide inks using the stamp and die set from Reverse Confetti. I made quite a few to use in various projects. 

I diecut my circle using a Spellbinders die and stamped the image using Gina K Designs Autumn Wreath Builder stamp set. I love how this card turned out.  

The Paper Players PP417: Claire's Theme Challenge

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Patty...Big wow on your woodgrain background! Love how the leaves, sentiment and background came together for a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Love the wood grained background and the sentiment! Such a pretty Fall card. So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week. XX

Jan Clothier said...

What a fabulous background! Thanks for sharing the details on how you achieved that look. Love your leaves and distressed sentiment. Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

09 10