Sunday, June 24, 2018

Thanks & Hello

Today I'm sharing some cards I've created for the 100th Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge. I love their challenges! I've been MIA as far as creating cards, blog posting and participating in challenges. There just isn't enough time in the day or week. I hope to get back to it more regularly because it's something I love to do and it keeps me sane. 

Thanks

For my first card I tried a technique that I saw Gina from Gina K Designs do a tutorial for. Quite awhile ago I bought an card class from the site Online Card Classes that Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner run. The card class is called Crafted Kindness and there are 30 card making videos in the bundle. It is well worth the price. There are tons of technique tutorials. I'm all about technique video tutorials!

For both cards I used distress oxide inks. I used bundled sage, broken china and vintage photo for the thanks card. I used hickory smoke, fossilized amber and blueprint photo for the hello card.

Other products used for these cards were the texture fade lace and roses embossing folders by Tim Holtz for Sizzix, the double stitched rectangle dies from Our Daily Bread, the Simon Says Stamp painted thanks and hello dies and the Simon Says Stamp Thanks For Being There stamp set. I also used my Big Shot, waxed paper and an iron.

I die cut my sentiments three times and adhered them together to add dimension. 

Thanks

Hello

Hello

I have two more cards that I created because you get two for one with this technique. I'll share them in another post. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10