Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #233

Thankful 

This is my card for the design team for The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. We'd love it if you'd join us with your interpretation of the sketch shown below. 

Thankful 

I added distress ink to a background stamp from Rubbernecker, spritzed water on it and then added my cardstock on top. After smoothing the paper out, I peeled the paper off the stamp and ended up with this watercolor print. 

Thankful 

For my wreath I used some jute I have in my stash. I wrapped it around a Dylusions paint jar to get the shape. I tied a knot on one side to keep it together. I watercolored some cardstock and diecut a banner and then stamped my sentiment. The sentiment is an older one from October Afternoon. All supplies are listed below. 

Thankful

I found some leaves in my stash. I picked these up a few years ago at Michaels. 


Supplies:
Rubbernecker Stamp: Branch Shadow
Taylored Expressions: Stitched Banner Stacklets Die
Distress Oxide Inks: spiced marmalade, abandoned coral, fossilized amber, lucky clover
Jute
October Afternoon: Fall Fun Stamp Set

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Dena J said...

Really gorgeous! I love the colors of your background, and the very clever use of jute for the wreath.

Eileen said...

I love this card! I love the jute used as a wreath, very organic!

Patty said...

Love the background stamping!

09 10