Saturday, November 29, 2014

Stencils, Embossing Paste + Distress Markers = Fun!


This was my first attempt at coloring embossing paste after it had dried using Distress Markers. I've colored the embossing paste before spreading it on the stencil with Distress Ink and I like that effect, but I wanted to use several colors this time. The card above was my first attempt. After I let the embossing paste dry I laid the stencil back on top and colored with Distress Markers. I then used the Tim Holtz Water Brush and went over the areas for a watercolor look. I think it has a rough look, but I like it. 


For this card I did the same as the card above except used the green cardstock. I like the look on the colored cardstock.


For this card I didn't use the water brush. Instead I just colored with the Distress Markers. I like how vibrant the colors turned out. I'm definitely going to use this technique again with other stencils. For all the sentiments I stamped the sentiment with Distress Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. After I was finished with the cards I thought I could have added some bling or sequins. I opted to just leave them plain as I thought they looked fine. 

Products used for these cards include: Golden Gel Medium Light Molding Paste, Tim Holtz Distress Markers, Tim Holtz Water Brush, Tim Holtz Festive Layer Stencil, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Handwritten Holiday 1 & 2 Sentiments, Recollections Christmas Noel Glitter Paper, Craft Smith Timeless Holiday patterned paper, PTI for the card bases, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Embossing Powder. 


I really LOVE playing with this stuff! I reminds me of icing.


 It almost looks good enough to eat when you are spreading it on the stencil!


From the three panels I created I was able to cut them in half and make six cards. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10