Friday, March 30, 2012

Cilantro and Garlic Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Cilantro and Garlic Stuffed Chicken Breasts

All I can say about this chicken is that it was DELICIOUS for dinner last night!! If you like cilantro, garlic and lemon this recipe is for you. In the photo the cilantro looks like spinach, but it's not. 

I came across the recipe in a newsletter from Foodista. I quickly pinned it so I could delete the email. Instead of saving every email that has a recipe I want to make, I'm forcing myself to "pin it" so I can find it again. My email is out of control and that's how I'm attempting to keep it in check. I don't want to say the plan is working perfectly, but I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven't blogged any crafts recently, but hopefully soon I will. I've been so busy the last few months getting ready for my first craft show. That was last weekend and while I'm not going to be making a living doing this anytime soon, I was very pleased with the results. This was a Home Show and not a Craft Show. Because of that, I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. I was very happy to sell some books, cards and tags.

I just finished a custom order for tags and now I'm working on a custom card order. I'll share those on my blog when I have them all finished. I  also sell "Pet Cards" at the groomer where we take out dog Toby. She's down to just a few cards, so I have that order to work on also. You can check out what I have in my Etsy store here. I'm very happy to take custom orders. 

I've got some new paper collections I'm just dying to start working with! My plan is to create books with them. Any leftover scraps will be used for smaller projects and cards. And......my friend Misty and I have decided to do a "real craft" show in June. So that means I have to hustle and get more books, cards and tags cranked out. It keeps me busy! 

Now on to the recipe......

Cilantro and Garlic Stuffed Chicken Breasts
(adapted from Foodista)

4 chicken breasts
6 cloves of garlic
1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Olive oil
Kosher salt - I used sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
Lemon juice and zest

Make a slice lengthwise through the middle of each breast taking care not to cut in half.

Crush the garlic into a bowl with a garlic press or mash with the flat edge of a chefs knife to make a paste.

Mix in two liberal pinches of Kosher salt.

Spread the garlic paste on the inside of each breast and pack in the chopped cilantro.

Season each side with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high.

Cook chicken on each side until golden brown and until juices run clear. (After browning, try turning the heat down and covering to finish cooking). Moist and juicy. (My chicken didn't get as brown as the photo on the  Foodista site. It was still good though!).

Plate and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top breasts and top with a bit of lemon zest. (I just did this step while the chicken was still in the pan).

Have a great weekend! Be sure to check out all the sites below. You never know what you'll find!

This post is linked to these parties: Delicately Constructed Friday!!, Food on Fridays, Foodie Friday, FFA Friday!


No comments:

09 10