Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lesson Learned

What I thought was going to be fun turned out to be a nightmare and very disappointing. Back in December I came across a recipe card swap and I blogged about it in February here. A light should have clicked with me right away because from the get-go nothing seemed right. I was told the cards had to be in the mail by the 25th of the month. I had my cards ready to go before the 25th of January and was practically begging for an address as to where to mail them. No one would give me one. After emailing the host of the swap (without an answer I might add) and posting messages on the swap board, I was finally given an address. I did make mention to them that my cards would not be received in time. I guess if they don't receive your swaps on time you're put on some sort of list. Finally I received the cards in the mail that were to be sent to me. I didn't get them until around the 18th of February or so. I kept waiting to find out what the swap theme for February was going to be. It was for appetizers. My first card was for appetizers, but the rules had already been changed.

For month two I made my cards and mailed them before the 25th. Now this is where the whole swap went to hell in a hand basket. The forum moved to another server. Everyone in the forum knew this way ahead of time and were supposed to move over. I have been waiting patiently for my February cards to come in the mail until now. I've been leaving messages and trying to contact people regarding this swap without any luck. The old forum is now shut down and no information about this recipe swap is in the new forum. Today I get a response back from one of the participants that they're sorry I haven't received my cards. She received hers quite awhile ago. WTF? I give up. I'm done!

Since I have one of my cards that I sent out, I thought I'd share it. I was never in the swap for the recipes, Lord knows I have enough of them! I just wanted to participate in something creative and fun.

Front

I apologize, but I'm not sure where this recipe came from. I think it was in an emailed newsletter I received. When I saw it, I thought it sounded good and I liked the title which inspired me to use cards. This is the front of the card and below is the back.
Back

At least it sounded like a fun swap. I'd love to try another swap sometime, but right now I'm a little gun shy. Thanks for letting me vent!




No comments:

09 10