Friday, December 10, 2010

Oreo Truffles

Wow! It's been awhile since I've blogged! I have many reasons: I've been sick, and I'm still not over whatever it is that I have. I've also had computer issues. My laptop still isn't fixed, so I had to take it back into the shop today. I've been forced to use a desktop computer and it feels so ancient. I'm spoiled because with a laptop computer I can go all over the house.

I also feel like I'm never at home. I'm on the run all the time! I told the hubby that for someone who's a stay-at-home-dog-and-cat-mom, I sure don't have time for anything! If I'm having a hard time getting stuff done now, I have no idea how I managed to do it when I worked full-time and commuted 100 miles everyday in the Twin Cities!

Finally, I've been making Christmas cards and will be blogging about them soon. I'm also making some holiday treats and will also be posting recipes and pictures. I didn't even have time to blog my weekly picks last Sunday. Hopefully I'll get them posted this week.

Here's a recipe I wanted to make last year when I saw it in a magazine, but never got around to it.

Oreo Truffles

I came across it again and decided to make it for a Christmas party today. I'm going to make some more for another party next week. Let me tell you, it was worth it!

Oreo Truffles1

These things are amazing if you're a chocoholic like I am! I highly recommend them (naturally)!

Oreo Truffles

1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg Oreo cookies, finely crushed, (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
2 pkgs (8 squares each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Mix cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
Shape into 49 (1-inch) balls. Dip into melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

No comments:

09 10