Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken Alfredo

Chicken Alfredo



Yesterday while at the grocery store a thought hit me about what I'd like to make for dinner. I was thinking chicken, vegetables and a white sauce. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not good at making sauces. They either turn out too thick or too runny. Another thing I rarely do is just throw something together. I like to look at a recipe and decide how I want to change it. Well, what I made turned out pretty darn good and as I've mentioned before, my husband will eat anything! I didn't know what to call this concoction, so I settled on Chicken Alfredo.

Here's what I used:

Chicken Alfredo

Pkg of chicken tenders, cut into pieces
8 ounce pkg of sliced mushrooms
1 red pepper, sliced
5 or 6 green onions, sliced
Pkg of asparagus (I just used frozen)
Angel Hair Pasta

For the sauce I found a jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Sauce. It's only 60 calories for a 1/4 of a cup. I didn't think that was bad at all.

I cooked the chicken and asparagus then added all the vegetables and the sauce and let it simmer. Cooked the pasta and added the sauce over top. Delicious!

I'm not sure how many servings there are since I made a larger amount so that we could eat it for a few days. I added a package of chicken to some I already had open and I used two jars of sauce.

If you make a version of this, let me know how it turns out for you.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Looks good! What is in the glass next to it? That looks even better. Hee Hee!

09 10