Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nut Goodie Bars

I told the hubby the other day that I needed to make something sweet, like a cake. Since I'm always on a perpetual diet, he asked me how that would fit in. Probably not a good thing to ask me, since I will always be able to justify my addiction to foods that "do not fit the healthy, diet category". This brought us to a long debate of which I won (of course). My attitude is that I can have anything I want as long as it's in moderation and I don't eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I told him that I only live once and that 20 years from now I don't want to say "Boy, I wish I would have had that dessert, candy, cookie, etc". I want to have it when I want it and enjoy it!

Here's a recipe for a sinfully rich concoction called a Nut Goodie Bar. If you've had them before, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't had them, you are in for a real treat! I first had them in the 80's and have loved them ever since!

Nut Goodie Bars2



You can either drop them by spoonfuls onto waxed paper or spread them in a 9 x 13-inch pan. I chose to do that latter.

Nut Goodie Bars



Nut Good Bars

1 (12 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 (12 oz) butterscotch chips
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup salted peanuts
1 bag of miniature marshmallows

Heat chips and peanut butter just enough to slowly melt. Remove from heat and add salted peanuts and bag of marshmallows. Mix until everything is covered with chocolate. Spread in greased (or wax paper lined) 9 x 13-inch pan. Cool and cut into squares.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Jen Davis said...

Mmmmmmm! You stinker you!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Patty! My Aunt Marilyn used to make this for family gatherings. She called it "Rocky Road". And it was truly awesome. Thanks for the sneak peek back ... without the calories! :-)

Unknown said...

Delicious 😋. Misplaced my recipe. Your is exactly how I've made them and everyone loves them. Super easy. Thanks!

09 10