Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Surprise Package!

I came home from work today to find a package at our door. It was from my friend Susie-Q, a former co-worker from the Twin Cities. As a total RAK (random act of kindness), last week I sent her a large box of hand-me-down bones from our very spoiled dog, Toby. As I expected nothing in return, I believe this is Sue's way of thanking us.

Tobes


This is Toby's (aka Mr. Sno-Dog) time of the year! He loves being outside since he definitely has a coat for it. He's part American Eskimo and Sheltie (Eskland). The first thing he does when he goes outside is to bury his face in the snow and rub both sides. I tried to get a picture of his face all full of snow, but he wouldn't cooperate.

Gifts


Fun gifts include a cute long sleeve shirt, a stainless steel sports bottle (Find The Cure) that I've been wanting since my daughters were here and I saw their bottles, and a Hike 'N Guide Carabiner. Now this one's a puzzle to me. Very cool with an LED flashlight, Knife Blade, Bottle Opener, File, Flathead Screwdriver and a Swing Out Compass For Accurate Reading. Now, Sue of all people knows that I am not the outdoor type by any means and either is my husband. But, I like it and one can never be under prepared for a catastrophe here in the Northwoods. You never know when you need to find a deer in the woods using the flashlight and the compass, get it drunk using the bottle opener, and then kill it with the flathead screwdriver.

I'll be calling Sue tomorrow to thank her for the great gifts.

No comments:

09 10