Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things I Am Thankful For.....

I don't think that I always remember everything that I am thankful for during the course of my everyday life. I go through weeks where it seems nothing goes right and I feel down. When I snap out of it, it's then that I remember how truly fortunate I am compared to many. I told my husband that I need to make a list of everything that I am thankful for. So here goes...these are not in any particular order, just how random thoughts...

Things I Am Thankful For....

1) Waking up everyday.
2) Being able to get out of bed and walk (many people can't do that).
3) Being able to do everything for myself (ie, cooking, cleaning, bathing, etc. as many do not have that capability).
4) My husband & kids...they have to put up with me...and it must be hard sometimes!
5) The fact that I live in the United States. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
6) My dog and cats...they love us so much and depend on both my husband and I for everything. They love us unconditionally and are very loyal and faithful. ( I do wonder about Oscar, one of the cats, however. He can be a terror when things aren't going his way).
7) Coffee...can't live without it!
8) Chocolate and all things rich.
9) No long commute. I used to commute 50 miles to work one way, now I'm not even a mile away from where I work.
10) I feel fortunate that since I haven't been able to find a full-time job since we moved that I am able to just work part-time. (Many people do not have that option).
11) The fact that I am able to do what I like....and that is work with paper crafts. I also like the fact that I can do it whenever I want.
12) I am thankful that I still have my health at the age of 52. Even though I have an auto-immune disease (RA), I'm in good shape.
13) I am so thankful that I have health care because there are so many people that don't.
14) I'm thankful that I do have a job. There are so many people that are unemployed. I also get to do something fun!
15) I'm thankful for friends and family.
16) I'm thankful that my husband gives me an unlimited budget (not by his choice) to buy scrapbook supplies.
17) I'm thankful that my husband indulges my technology fetish and has just given me a new laptop as an early Christmas present!!!!!
18) There are so many other things that I am thankful for, but can't list them all. Right now I'm thankful that I am having my new favorite drink...Decadent, before I have to cut the turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

09 10