Sunday, November 1, 2009

Garlicky Baked Shrimp

I made this last night for dinner and ohhh was it ever delicious! I found this recipe in a Weight Watchers Recipe Magazine Easy Weeknight Favorites. For those of you doing points the value is 5 per serving.

Garlicky Baked Shrimp


The best part is that there are leftovers for either lunch or another dinner!



Garlicky Baked Shrimp

Cooking Spray

1-1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons olive oil

- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat 4 individual gratin dishes with cooking spray. Divide shrimp among dishes; set aside. (I didn't have individual dishes, so I just used one to hold all the shrimp).
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients; stir in juice and oil. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over shrimp. Place dishes on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 13 minutes or until the shrimp are done and breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.

Points value 5: Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch, 3 V-L Meat, 1 Fat Per serving: Cal 220 (30% from fat); PRO 24.7g; FAT 7.3g (sat 1.1g); CARB 12.5g; FIB 0.7g; CHOL 170 mg, IRON 3.8mg; SOD 431mg; CALC 99mg


4 comments:

Diana said...

YUMMY!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

This sounds delicious! I love that it's healthy too! Thanks for following my blog:)

Patty Albertson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty Albertson said...

Stephanie I just discovered your blog this morning and I love it! I plan on visiting alot!

09 10