Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random Thoughts From The Twilight Zone...

Cats, crap, cranberries and hot sex in the supermarket!

Now that I've got your attention, let me tell you about my day. To start the morning right, my senior citizen cat suddenly developed enough energy to run around like maniac much to the consternation of my dog. His rambunctious behavior ended as it does for all old people like me. He pooped on the carpet in the living room. Who would think that this would be the BEST part of the day...

It was beautiful outside. I took my dog for a walk. He's better behaved than my cat. He only goes to the bathroom outdoors. Unfortunately he apparently did his business on "special grass". I was informed by a lady in the yard that Toby is pooping "on the grass her son mows". As I picked up his job in the little white bag like I always do, I looked at the piles of old poop all around it and experienced a true WTF moment....

I needed cranberries for a recipe. I go to the store. I find cranberries. That's the good news. The bad news is that they could have filled a damn garbage bag. I needed a cup. Who would have thought that the only size available is a 55-gallon drum...

Talk about a WTF moment. On my way to the meat counter I turned the corner and encountered a man and a woman making out in the aisle. You've heard of "Debbie Does Dallas"? This was more like "Debbie Does The Dairy Department". And they looked like they were older than me. They needed to get a room. You know food excites me because I post a lot of recipes, but this was ridiculous.

And how was your day???

2 comments:

Vicky said...

This is hilarious! Where do you shop!?!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I needed a monday am laugh.

09 10