Monday, August 10, 2009

Recipe Of The Day - Chocolate Gingerbread Drops

I'm still going through my new cookbook "The Cranberry Homemakers Cookbook" and finding all kinds of recipes I want to try. I'll be posting quite a few recipes over the next few weeks from this book. This one caught my eye since I love chocolate and gingerbread.

1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cherry flavor craisins
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped)

Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening with mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, allspice and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer; stir in any remainder. Stir in craisins and chocolate. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container 3 days. Can freeze up to 3 months.

No comments:

09 10