Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Recipe Of The Day - Cinnamonlicious French Toast

Today's recipe comes from the book "Hungry Girl Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World" by Lisa Lillien. If you're not familiar with Hungry Girl, you can check out her website here. I've been getting her newsletter for years and I love it! When I found out she had published a cookbook, I pre-ordered it so I would be sure to have it right away since I have no patience and wanted to be one of the first to have it. She now has a second cookbook out and of course I have that one too! You're probably wondering why I am going into all of this just to post a recipe. Well, one of the reasons that I love Lisa's newsletters and books are because she gives Weight Watchers points for her recipes.

I just joined Weight Watchers and attended my second meeting last night. I lost 5.4 lbs for the week! This isn't my first time with Weight Watchers. I was successful about 8 or 9 years ago just doing their program online. A few years after that we had meetings at the place I worked at. For some reason I didn't do very well that time. I think it was a combination of things and the leader didn't seem real motivating. I have been blown away by the two meetings I have attended here in Minocqua. The people are so nice and friendly and Kristi the leader is phenomenal. She's very good at what she does.

As I stated, I've been through the whole weight loss thing before and it's not fun. I had some medical issues starting in 2005 and because of the medications, I had 53 lbs to lose. The weight gain came from inflammation, fatigue, not eating right and the medications themselves. In January of 2008 I went to a clinic in Minnesota called Slim4Life and by June of of that year I had lost all 53 lbs. You do lose the weight fast with this program, but you have to check with your doctor before starting. Below the recipe, I have added two pictures showing "Before" and "After" from 2008.

Since I moved here I have regained 20 lbs. Moving, boredom, depression, laziness and again not eating right all contributed.

Here's today's recipe. I've made this a million times, but I don't have a picture. If you click here , the recipe is the fifth one down on the page.

Cinnamonlicious French Toast

3 slices light bread (40 to 45 calories each with about 2g fiber per slice)
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 no-calorie sweetener packet

Combine egg substitute with vanilla extract and half of the cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon). Use the egg mixture as an egg wash, and dip your bread in it.

Cook bread over medium heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, flipping after a few minutes. Once both sides are brown, plate 'em, and sprinkle with sweetener and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.

Makes 1 serving. 3 WW points.

I make this alot and sometimes have it for dinner.

August 2007


This was taken in August 2007 in Ashland, KY. I started with Slim4Life the following January.

July 2008


This was taken at Bond Falls in the Michigan UP in July 2008. A big noticeable difference!

No comments:

09 10