Sunday, August 2, 2009

Recipe Of The Day - Broccoli Chicken Hot Dish

I love casseroles! They are so easy and versatile. I make them alot and my husband has to eat them for days! He doesn't mind at all and it makes my life easier. Once I made a casserole recipe that Paula Deen made on her show on the Food Network called Bobby's Goulash. It was pretty good but the recipe made so much that we literally ate it for a week! Both of us were pretty sick of it at that point and I think I've only made it once since then. Today's recipe comes from "The Great Minnesota Hot Dish" by Theresa Millang, ISBN -13:978-1-885061-25-6.

Broccoli Chicken Hot Dish

1 bunch fresh broccoli, cooked, drained
4 whole chicken breasts, boned and precooked
2 (10-3/4) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350. Place broccoli on bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with chicken. In a bowl mix together soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour mixture over all. Sprinkle with cheeses and bread crumbs. Bake 30 minutes or until very hot. Serves 8.

No comments:

09 10