Saturday, June 8, 2019

Travel Gatefold Folio

fullsizeoutput_2ada

I've finally finished this Gatefold Folio that I started working on the end of April.

I'm so happy with how it turned out! This book for my daughter. I told her I would make a book for her and had planned to make it as Christmas gift. Well, that didn't work out. I knew what paper collection I wanted to use, but I didn't know what type of book I wanted to create. 

I purchased this paper collection from Paper Phenomenon called Flight 2715 quite a while before I decided on a project. I finally settled on the Gatefold Folio that Frances Long from Your Book of Memories created. 

It probably wouldn't take a normal crafter as long to finish it as it did for me. Working full-time and only maybe getting an hour or so each evening if that to craft isn't much time. I try to get as much done on the weekends as I can, but that doesn't always pan out either. The good news is that I'm not working anymore so hopefully I will have more time for crafting!

I followed the tutorial pretty much exactly as Frances created it, but there were a few things I did a little differently. After making this, I know that next time I may change up a few other things. That's the beauty of her tutorials. You're mind is always thinking of different ways to either add or take away something. 

I decided to add a collaged piece to the front. I added magnets so that the whole piece just lifts off. 

fullsizeoutput_2adc

This is the patterned paper I used of both sides of the spine.

fullsizeoutput_2ade

On the back cover I adhered some words I cut apart from the collection.

fullsizeoutput_2ae0

When you open the folio you see each side and the center.

fullsizeoutput_2ae2

The left side opens to show a vertical waterfall with a pocket on each side that holds a photo mat.

fullsizeoutput_2ae4

fullsizeoutput_2b0a

There are two flaps that open to reveal another pocket with a mat and places for journaling. 

fullsizeoutput_2b0c

fullsizeoutput_2ae6

On the right side there's a pocket that opens to reveal a booklet for journaling. 

fullsizeoutput_2ae8

fullsizeoutput_2aea

fullsizeoutput_2aec

fullsizeoutput_2aee

The first flap opens to the right and reveals two expandable pockets that will hold photos or memorabilia.

fullsizeoutput_2af0

The next flap opens to reveal a page that opens to hold more photos.

The flaps with the arrows hold the photo mat in place to keep the page closed.

fullsizeoutput_2af2

fullsizeoutput_2af4

The next flap opens up to reveal more photo spaces.

There are also two stacked pockets with photo mats inside.

fullsizeoutput_2af6

fullsizeoutput_2af8

fullsizeoutput_2afa

The next flap opens to the right and another one to the left. There is a pocket on each side.

Each pocket holds more photo mats. 

fullsizeoutput_2afc

fullsizeoutput_2afe

fullsizeoutput_2b00

fullsizeoutput_2b02

The final page holds a horizontal waterfall.

There's also another pocket to the side that holds a photo mat.

fullsizeoutput_2b04

fullsizeoutput_2b06

I cut apart one of the sentences on one of the ephemera sheets and adhered it to the back of the waterfall. 

I loved making this Gatefold Folio and will definitely make another one. I love Frances Long's tutorials!

I didn't have a lot of ephemera to decorate with. I spent time looking for stickers and other items prior to and while I was working on this. The paper collection didn't come with any stickers or chipboard pieces. I used the few items I fussy cut out of the paper sheets. The rest of the items I used dies that I had in my stash and a few odds and ends that I picked up either at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Once may daughter adds photos more stickers and ephemera can be added. 

I know this post was a little photo heavy but it's the only way to show each page in detail.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

09 10