Saturday, July 21, 2018

Cards Using Taylored Expressions Products


Plot Twist

I'm sharing two cards today that use all the same supplies.

The only difference is that I die cut one using white card stock and the other using black.

I have quite the pile of cards ready to finish. I really enjoy creating backgrounds. I just sit and make a ton of them, sometimes for days - well, when I'm not at work! Then I decide what I want to do with them. I've chosen several and already have them ready to adhere to the base cards. I'm just going through and trying to figure out what sentiment and other embellishments I want to use on them. Sometimes I just die cut images out of the backgrounds if I don't like it enough to use for a card. 

Plot Twist

I'm not going lie, out of both of these cards my favorite is the one using the black as the die cut.

The colors just pop off the card! The patterned paper is the same on both, but what a difference in how it looks using white. 

Be Somebody

I bought this stamp set at the very popular Taylored Expressions booth at the Rubber Stamp Show here in Minnesota either last year or the year before that. This year when I visited their booth I bought the cutting plate. 

Their booth was so completely crazy busy! I stood in line just waiting to move along the wall of products they had displayed. My eye caught this cutting plate and I knew I wanted it. The ladies in front of me couldn't make a decision and it seemed like I was standing in the same spot forever and not moving! Finally I just asked one of them to hand me the cutting plate and a few other items I couldn't reach and off I went to the checkout! 

Be Somebody

I'm going to try some other patterns with this cutting plate and see how they look.

The name of the stamp set is Plot Twist. The cutting plate is called Rosette Cutting Plate.

For the background paper behind the flowers and leaves I pulled out an older paper pad by DCWV called The Old World Stack. I chose some bling from my stash and stamped the sentiment using VersaFine onyx black ink.

fullsizeoutput_239d

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I love these cards and the "Plot Twist" sentiment is a hoot!

09 10