Sunday, September 10, 2017

Smile

Smile 


When I saw that The Color Throwdown Challenge was for red, black and white I knew I was going to create a card for it! Black and red are two of my favorite colors for cards. For quite awhile I've gone out of my comfort zone and used other colors because there for awhile I used these two colors a lot! I almost always use black. I will never not be able to do that. 

Please take the time to check out the cards that their design team have created. They are just awesome and gorgeous!

Smile 

For my card I used distress oxide ink with a stencil. After I made three other panels (which I will use for other cards), I made one more and settled on this one. I just couldn't make a decision on which I liked best! I inked up my stencil from The Crafter's Workshop spritzed it with water and then laid my cardstock on the stencil. 

Smile 

I used a die set from Simon Says Stamp called Perfect Shapes for the hexagons. This die set also has a matching stamp set. The wildflower is a die from Sizzix. 

Smile

For my sentiment I used a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. All products are listed below. 

My card is linked to this challenge:
Color Throwdown: Color Throwdown #459

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Choose Happy stamp set
Sizzix: Wildflower Tim Holz Alterations Die
Simon Says Stamp - Perfect Shapes Die
The Crafters Workshop: Mini chickenwire reversed stencil
Distress Oxide Ink: black soot
Versafine Ink: onyx black
Hero Arts: clear embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fun background and love the sentiment! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Eileen said...

Love this card and the background is very cool!

09 10