Monday, January 17, 2011

Philadelphia "1st and 10" Cheesesteak Pizza

I found this recipe in a pamphlet attached to the Boboli pizza crust I bought last week when I made the Pizza Margahretta. I knew my husband would like it, so I decided to give it a try.
Philadelphia Cheesesteak Pizza
I figured the Weight Watcher PointsPlus at 8 per slice. I used the 100% Whole Wheat crust.

Philadelphia "1st and 10" Cheesesteak Pizza

1-12" Boboli Original Pizza Crust
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1lb. sirloin steak, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 450°F. Add 1 Tbsp. of oil to preheated skillet (high heat). When oil is hot, add onions and bell peppers and saute until lightly browned. Remove onions and bell peppers and reserve. Add remaining oil to hot skillet. Add steak and quickly saute until seared. Fill pizza crust with beef, onions and bell peppers. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes on a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven. Serve immediately.

We loved it! Next time I may try using chicken and mozzarella cheese to lighten it up even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the breakdown for the pizza in weightwatchers for points value? This looks really good. I will print off the recipe for us and make it this week.

Patty Albertson said...

I don't have the breakdown. I entered the recipe into the WW site & that's how I got the PointsPlus Value.

09 10