Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baked Chicken Breasts With Lemon Couscous

I was looking for something that would be a no-brainer for dinner, nothing complicated since half my kitchen is in one place and the other half is in another. This recipe sounded delicious and it was! I loved the hint of lemon in the couscous.

This recipe comes from my "Fix-It and Forget-It Slow-Cooker Magic" Cookbook. The only changes I made were to use dry champagne instead of dry sherry and I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I didn't have any sherry and figured since I had just the right of amount of champagne it would work.

Baked Chicken Breasts With Lemon Couscous


Baked Chicken Breasts

makes 4 servings
ideal slow-cooker: 4-quart


4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
10-3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat-free)
1/2 cup dry sherry
1 tsp. dried tarragon or rosemary, or both
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
8-oz. container sliced fresh mushrooms

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.

In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Heat until smooth and hot. Pour over chicken.

Cover and cook on low 4-1/2 hours.

Lemon Couscous
makes 4 servings

1-1/2 cups chicken broth (I used low sodium)
1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup couscous, uncooked
3 Tbsp. pecan pieces, toasted
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2-oz. jar sliced pimiento, drained

Combine first 5 ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous, stirring well; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in pecans, parsley, and pimiento.

No comments:

09 10