Thursday, April 15, 2010

Knockoff Recipe....Sort Of

I always tape Food Network's Unwrapped show because I love it. The other night I was watching an episode that was featuring a candy store called PUREchocolate in Quincy, MA. They showed a candy that they called P2C2. It looked so incredibly fantastic that I needed to figure out how to make it. Now, first of all I don't need to make it because it's not something I should be eating. However, it's all I've been thinking about. And, once I set my mind on something, I will do it no matter what.

The chocolate I used is probably no comparison, but it's all I could find where I live. There are only four ingredients: chocolate, peanut butter, potato chips and caramel. That's it.

Doesn't it look wonderful?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Carmel Chip Candy


All I did was melt the chocolate ( I used chocolate almond bark), added some peanut butter and mixed until smooth and melted, added crushed potato chips and spread into a 9 x 13-inch pan that I had waxed paper on. Then I took caramel (from a jar) and drizzled it over the top. I took a spoon and stirred the mixture a little to spread the caramel all over. I then refrigerated it to set.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Carmel Chip Candy2


Nothing is usually ever too rich for me, but I think I've finally met my match. This is sooooo good, but needs to be cut into small pieces because it's so rich. I love the chocolate, peanut butter and caramel taste with the salty crunch of the potato chips.

I know this is in no way a comparison to their recipe, but I'm in Wisconsin and they're in Massachusetts and I don't think I'm going to be going there anytime soon. Here's a link to an article about the candy makers.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Yep, chocolate on the brain! This looks soooo bad :)

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Patty! This looks soooo yummy! But I am trying to watch my calories! So tempting! :-)

09 10