Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another Stroganoff....


I've found yet another stroganoff recipe that I just had to try. I think I'm obsessed with them because they are so easy and the fact that I like to eat things over noodles or rice.

I found this recipe in my Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook.

I like it when recipes have the nutritional value included. It easier for me to let my hubby know what the carbs are since he's diabetic. I might also add, this was delicious.

Below the recipe I've also included one for an Onion Soup Mix that's Salt-Free.

Steak Stroganoff


Steak Stroganoff
Marie Morucci
Glen Lyon, PA

Makes 6 servings - Ideal slow cooker size: 4-quart
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1-3/4 lb. boneless beef round steak, trimmed of fat
10-3/4 oz. can reduced-sodium, 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 envelope sodium-free dried onion soup mix
9-0z. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley

Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in slow cooker.

Cut meat into 1-1/2 x 1/2-in strips. Place in flour mixture and toss until meat is well coated.
Add mushroom soup, water and soup mix. Stir until well blended.

Cover. Cook on High 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or Low 6 to 7 hours.

Stir in mushrooms, sour cream and parsley. Cover and cook on High 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with rice.

Exchange List Values: Carbohydrate 1.0, Meat, lean 3.0

Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 256 (Calories from Fat 66), Total Fat 7 gm (Saturated Fat 2.4 gm, Polyunsat Fat 0.5 gm, Monounsat Fat 2.8 gm, Cholesterol 77 mg), Sodium 390 mg, Total Carbohydrate 17 gm, Dietary Fiber 2 gm, Sugars 5 gm, Protein 29 gm

Onion Soup Mix, Salt-Free
Madelyn L. Wheeler
Zionsville, IN

Makes 1 serving (equivalent to 1 pkg. purchased dry onion soup mix)

2-2/3 Tbsp. dried onion, minced, flaked, or chopped
4 tsp beef instant bouillon powder, sodium-free
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. celery seed

Exchange List Values: Carbohydrate 1.5

Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 106 (Calories from Fat 2), Total Fat 0 gm (Saturated Fat 0.0 gm, Polyunsat Fat 0.1 gm, Monounsat Fat 0.1 gm, Cholesterol 0 mg), Sodium 5 mg, Total Carbohydrate 23 gm, Dietary Fiber 2 gm, Sugars 11 gm, Protein 2 gm



No comments:

09 10