Monday, January 4, 2010

Turkey and Macaroni

My husband has been asking me to make some type of a goulash. Not knowing where the recipe I've been using is, I decided to try a different one. This one comes from the Rival Crock Pot Slow Cooker Recipes Book.

I'm sure you've figured out by now that I love my Crockpot. There's nothing like it in my mind. I just love tossing everything in one pot and not thinking about it and dinner is done.

This recipe was super easy. I'm not crazy about adding corn to anything and I can't stand ketchup. I know I could have left those ingredients out, but I'm going to eat something else and let the hubby have this for a few meals.

Turkey & Macaroni

Turkey and Macaroni

1 teaspoon vegetable oil (I just sprayed my pan with Pam)
1-1/2 lbs ground turkey (I used extra-lean & just 1 lb)
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 can (16 ounces) corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
Salt and black pepper to taste

Heat oil in medium skillet; cook turkey until browned. Transfer turkey to slow cooker.

Add soup, macaroni, corn, onion, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper to slow cooker. Stir to blend.

Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

No comments:

09 10