Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hershey Bar Pie...Oh My!

Alright, so I know that I shouldn't be making things that aren't exactly on my diet. Of course, I'm not gaining weight, so that's a good thing! I had a few "I don't really care" days last week. I've felt like crap on and off for over a week, actually more like two weeks. One day I'd feel good and the next I'd feel practically bedridden.

While I was on the phone with a friend on Friday, I was looking through a cookbook called "Sugar Bitches Just Desserts" by Jackie Mclure and Stacy Saba. I came across the recipe for this pie, and I might add I have read this recipe a ton of times. I just thought to myself, today is the day to make this! I'm thinking maybe I can somehow make Steve think that it's a vegetable or something in order to get him to eat some. He never pays attention to what I'm making anyway, since he doesn't share my enthusiasm for food. I figure if I just tell him what the carb count is (he's diabetic) he'll take enough insulin to cover it. Besides, he needs to live a little and try one of my desserts! It will probably never happen however.


Hershey Bar Pie


Oh yeah...the "Bitch" in "Sugar Bitches" means Babe In Total Control of Herself.

While I was making this pie, I was thinking of all the different variations and combinations of products that could be used. After I've recovered from eating some of this pie, I'll post another made differently. The only changes I made were to use a lower fat pie crust and light whipped topping.

After having a piece, I expected it to taste a little richer than it did. You could really tell that it had a marshmallow texture.

Here's the recipe:

Hershey Bar Pie

1/2 cup milk
6-1.35 oz Hershey bars with nuts
21 large marshmallows
4-1/2 oz whipped topping, thawed
1-9-inch graham cracker pie crust

In a double boiler, place the milk, Hershey bars and marshmallows. Melt the mixture and then remove from the heat. Fold whipped topping into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the pie crust and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Serves 6.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute blog. I'm going to have to check out this cookbook. Love the acronym. Found you over at the Gooseberry blog. I'll have to check in over here more often. Go midwestern bloggers!
Jen

09 10