Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today Is A Good Day For.....

.....Hot Cranberry Tea! I was just given a ton of fresh cranberries and need to make something quick. I found this tea recipe in my "Crock Pot Slow Cooker Cuisine Cookbook by Rival" and it sounded sooo good! I'm not sure how long fresh cranberries last, so I hope I can use all of them. Freezer space is at a minimum for me here in the Northwoods.

Hot Cranberry Tea


Let me tell you, the smell of this tea cooking in the crockpot is heaven. The aroma of the mix of cinnamon, red hots and cloves is fantastic! I'm a sucker for anything cinnamon.

Tea


It feels good on this cool day to be sitting with my feet up, surfing the net and sipping on a cup of this wonderful stuff. I hope you try it!

The recipe is below if you're interested. The only change I made was to use sugar substitute in place of regular sugar.

Hot Cranberry Tea

1 package (8 ounces) fresh cranberries
3 quarts water
2 cups sugar
1 cup cinnamon red hots
24 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
3 oranges
2 lemons

Boil cranberries in 1 quart of water for 10 minutes; set aside. Mix in 4, 5 or 6 quart Crock-Pot, 2 quarts water, sugar, red hots, cloves, cinnamon sticks; cover and heat on high until red hots dissolve, approximately 1 hour. Strain cranberry mixture and stir into Crock-Pot. Mix in the juice from oranges and lemons. Cover and heat 2 hours on High, turn to Low to keep warm and serve directly from the Crock-Pot.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

This is making my lips pucker ;)

09 10