Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fun Finds In Phillips

We drove to Phillips, WI today, to have lunch with our son. What a gorgeous drive it was, with all the leaves changing color! Of course I could just kick myself since I forgot to bring the camera. I keep rationalizing that I wouldn't have been able to get very good pictures since it was raining for most of the trip.

Since I've never been to Phillips, Kyle wanted to show me a few of the stores in the area. You just never know what gems you will find in a small town! We went into Phillips Northern Merchandise and I loved it! I found the sign below that I just had to have for a great price. Actually, I couldn't believe many of the bargains there! I'll definitely go back the first chance I get.


Sign


I also went into a store called The 5 Senses. What a neat place. It's a mix of antiques, kitchenware, cookbooks, wine and home decor. It reminded me of a store that you would find on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, MN. I know this is hard to believe, but Steve even offered to buy me a cookbook and I turned him down! I think there must be something wrong with me! Seriously, since I just brought a ton back from our house to look at, the last thing I need right now is another one. I'm sure there'll be more cookbooks in my future!

Another item I found in Phillips was Fimo. I haven't seen it anywhere in Minocqua. I'm going to attempt to make some buttons using the tutorial on Jane's blog. I bought two colors, cocoa and silver.

All in all it was a good day. I just wish it hadn't been raining and the weather was a little bit warmer however!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that saying! I have a plaque with it on as well, anne

09 10