Wednesday, July 1, 2009

German Chocolate Bars

I've been thinking about chocolate so I thought I'd try a recipe out of one of my cookbooks. The cookbook I used is "101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix" by Stephanie Ashcraft ISBN 1-58685-217-5. It was actually a pretty easy recipe.

For the bottom layer mix together 1 German chocolate cake mix, 1 cup quick oatmeal, 1 stick butter, softened and 1 egg until crumbly.

Set aside two cups of mixture. Press the rest of dough into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.


In separate bowl, beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Mix frosting into cream-cheese mixture.

Spread cream-cheese mixture over crust.

Sprinkle reserved oatmeal mixture over cream-cheese layer. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until done.

Finished product! It's too bad I have no one to share these yummy bars with since my husband never eats anything that I bake. Oh well! It was fun to bake them. I'll have a few and then the rest will probably go in the trash. That's usually what happens whenever I do any baking.

I was watching Frostie the dancing cockatoo on youtube while baking and my cat Oscar Marie was a little intrigued by the dancing bird

and tried to touch him with his mighty paw.










1 comment:

Jennifer Davis said...

Are you kidding me? What's wrong with him that he won't eat your baking Patty!!!!!!! =) You can always bring some goodies to work ya know! ;)

Hope all went well on the Fourth for you!

Jen

09 10