Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Frozen Hot Chocolate

I've been craving a frozen hot chocolate for several days, so I finally made one last night after dinner. These are sooooo good! I don't really have a recipe and I change my ingredients often. Here are some suggestions: Crush some ice and add to your blender or crush in your blender. If you refrigerator has the crushed ice option that's even better! I usually use a packet of fat-free hot chocolate, but I have also used hot chocolate mix from a can (just use the amount listed for however many cups you are making). I've used water or milk for the liquid. For the one shown below I used Vanilla Light Silk Soy milk since I'm lactose intolerant. Using milk gives it a richer flavor. I added a little hazelnut syrup because I am addicted to the stuff! I've used the sugar-free and full calorie flavoring. It just depends on what I have on hand. Sometimes I also use cinnamon or mint flavoring. I blend all this together. I like mine thick so that you can use a spoon, but you can make it as thick or thin as you like. Add a dab of fat-free whipped cream and I think you will enjoy these as much as I do.

Frozen Hot Chocolate

No comments:

09 10