Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Bake

Chicken Parmesan
I found a new recipe to try for Chicken Parmesan. I'm not even sure how I came across it, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was through Pinterest. It looked sooo delicious I couldn't resist trying it! Click here to see a video of  it. I left the hot red pepper flakes out because the hubby wouldn't be able to handle it.

This dish had a wonderful taste and the aroma as it baked drove me crazy! This recipe has been added to my "make again" list. I'm not sure if my husband was as impressed with this dish as I was. He mentioned that it was "spicy". I'm not sure where he's coming from with that one because nothing spicy was added. Both of us thought this dish was a little "heavy". I think it was just because of the crust of  croutons on top.
Chicken Parmesan
Add chicken breasts to dish and spread marinara on top.
Chicken Parmesan
Sprinkle on the basil. I highly suggest fresh. I was unable to find fresh basil at my local store, so I was forced to use dried.
Chicken Parmesan
Add your first layer of cheese and the croutons.
Chicken Parmesan
Add remaining cheese and it's oven ready!
Chicken Parmesan
Look at that beautiful color! Dig in!

Chicken Parmesan

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5, but they were huge!)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

Preheat oven to 350°. In a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish spread the oil oil and crushed garlic. Sprinkle on the hot pepper flakes, if using. Layer the chicken breasts on top. Spread 2 cups marinara sauce over chicken. On top of the sauce, sprinkle chopped basil and then 4 ounces of the mozzarella and 2 ounces of the Parmesan. Spread the 5 ounce package of garlic croutons over the cheese. On top of the croutons sprinkle the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.

Thanks for stopping by!

This post is linked to these parties: Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays At The TableTuesday's Tasty Tidbits, Tea Party Tuesday.

1 comment:

PERMANENT POSIES said...

This looks really delicious! So glad you shared it on Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits. I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving.

09 10